Wednesday, October 23, 2013

the Hours of Night. The Confused Man #3

The Hours of Night
by
"The Confused Man", # 3

Is there anybody out there who looks like I feel?  How about someone who is willing to look like I feel?  Don't tell me that you are questioning the way I feel because if you are, well then I don't know what I should do with you.  Can you please not attack me anymore about my looks.  The girls were so mean to me when I pushed them down on the rocks.  I never could understand why they treated me so badly. 

I was really confused as a child--much worse than I am now.  I am a new man compared to when I was in the 3rd grade.  But the third grade had some better moments in it like when I stole my first kiss from Vickie.  I have sometimes liked that name.  Not always like so many people do, just sometimes.  I have liked the name Debbie ever since I had one of her snack cakes and for the last 40 plus years. Those snack cakes were the best, moist and flavorful and full of sugar.  Much more than I could handle now that I have reached the pinnacle of my life.  Everything about my life now is multiplied by two or three.

I am going to introduce you to my magic mirror if I can find it.  Oh, there it is, wow look at how dirty it is.  It is going to take some Windex and some scrubbing bubbles to get it ready to use.  Don't worry if I get your name wrong, it is my eyesight that is getting bad.  Plus I can't seem to find my reading glasses.  Here goes.  Holding up my magic mirror I can see all my Facebook friends.  There's Steve and Lois, Susan and Gary and I'd have never guessed it but I see Val and Ross.  If it weren't for them Deb and I would probably not made it out of seminary.  It is so good to see you all.  One thing for sure, life keeps happening.  Good and Bad, it never stops.


Over the last month Deb and I have been reading the devotional "Jesus Calling" and it has stressed the importance of our relationship with God and how God puts a special emphasis on it beyond the everyday things that happen to us. Not sure how it all coincides with God wanting us to ask for things we need and that we need to be proactive in our prayer life.  But if we compare it to our relationships with others, our spouse, children and Christian brothers and sisters, it makes more sense for us to make that a priority too.  Looking more closely I see Laura Beth, Ron, Joann and the Assurance Group members who are playing some kind of a game.  It must be funny because they are all laughing. It is either a funny game or Chris is telling one of his jokes.  

For next time, I will give my mirror a good spit shine and we will see what happens.  So long, Mr. Confused.  I have a feeling that this confusion will be fading soon if I can keep talking with good people like you. 

David Friedman aka David Friesen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment